Shop grid redesign for coach.com.
- Designed a responsive layout to optimize product name legibility on all screen sizes.
- Designed architecture and logic for a new filtering system that is both tablet friendly and easy to use.
- Implemented a horizontal and left navigation system (formerly a vertical only navigation)
- Added lazy load to pages
- Elevated the layout and interface to reinforce luxury branding
Role: UX Design & requirements documentation
- Lead experience designer for product detail page redesign.
- Managed in-person user testing for design learning and validation.
- Defined UX and interaction patterns for all page elements including add to cart, add to wishlist, reviews, sharing, alternate imagery flow charts, and zoom.
Role: UX Design, User testing management
Lead experience designer for mobile website redesign.
- Converted navigation to a more compact accordion side navigation with added stickiness to improve accessibility.
- Redesigned category shop grid to improve legibility and product size, and added a user driven product size toggle interface.
- Reevaluated mobile filtering UX and interaction design.
- Redesigned product detail page to bring swatches closer to product and add to cart closer to the top of page.
Role: UX design and requirements definition
Lead experience architect and designer for checkout redesign on Coach Factory website.
- Created wireframes and flow for experience and managed user testing prior to design rollout.
- Lead user testing and research prior to launch
- The streamlined experience led to significant increase in conversion and is now being rolled out on retail checkout.
Role: IA, UX design & requirements definition, User testing lead
- Lead UX Designer for Lego stop-motion movie app.
- Created an interface suitable for users of all ages (you're never too old for Legos)
- App features included: frame rate editing, custom title cards, music, timeline editing, and the ability to render and share videos to YouTube.
Designed the information architecture, user experience and user interface design for the Trapit iPad app.
Trapit is a content reader with a brain. Trapit is designed to learn the user's preferences over time and deliver better content within the user's traps (on containers). *The app has been since discontinued as the business strategy of the company changed.
Role: UX Design, UI Design, Mobile production design
Developers: Uncorked Studios
2013 Webby Awards Honoree Best User Experience
2013 Webby Award Nominee Best Lifestyle App
Role: UX Design, UI Design
Role: UX Design, UI Design, Responsive web development
At Uncorked Studios, I designed the UX and UI for FlareMail, a location sharing app for iOS and Android platforms. Additionally, I designed the logo and iconography for the app and web landing pages. Using responsive web development, I coded the front-end for a responsive mobile landing page and the marketing page for the app.
Get the app & view the marketing webpage »
Designed and coded a responsive website with a content management admin system for easy editing. The website uses CSS media queries to adapt to screen sizes and adapts for tablets and mobile phones. Also designed and developed a separate mobile design that uses a slightly altered template and reduces content and image sizes that are required to load for mobile users.
View website »
* Be sure to try it on a few devices, or drag the bottom left corner to observe responsive size changes.
Role: Design, Responsive web development
Sample rapid prototypes done while at Coach.
Prototype 1 - Shop by "re"size concept.
The exploration was to show product that was proportional to width of screen. Those visiting on devices could have a different view for portrait and landscape. The smaller sized items shown on mobile would also cater to the buying habits of those on devices, which tend to be smaller sized, lower priced items.
Prototype 2 - Masonry filtering
Simple rapid prototype to help define a gifting experience during mother's day.
Spearheaded the creation and ongoing maintenance of an Interactive Style Guide for the Coach digital design team.
Role: UX & UI Design